Sunday, January 12, 2020

No Picnicking, Support your favorite author

I have seen those words every time I sit in a cafeteria I go to and wait.  What does that mean?

They don’t want you using their tables to have a picnic.  They want you to buy their food.

But often they don’t serve something I can eat.  I will, however, try to purchase something there.

It’s called support.  I need to support the use of their tables and chairs for the time I’m sitting there taking it away from other paying customers.

Same with books.  Do you support authors and poets or do you always want to read everything for free?

Of course, there is a slew of content for no cost online.  Still, everyone has to eat.

The next time you read a particular author’s work for free, think about supporting them by buying a book or e-book.  Support is support.

And we all thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artemis at Sunset

As this year begins to come to a close, I thought about one of my favorite things to do: watching sunsets.  While I am often up early enough...