Thursday, January 23, 2020

How to Sell more Poetry Books, 101

I admit I do sell an occasional poetry book to people who like to read my work.  Some I know.  Some I don’t.  I sell books and ebooks.  I sell online and in person.  I’ve sold more books in person than I have online.  Although these days it’s starting to be equal numbers when it comes to sales.

But how do you sell more poetry books?  How do you sell poetry if you don’t have your very own arts and craft or book store or booth?

I tried to think of some ways today.  I thought about peddling them from my car, always be carrying one around to sell, offer a workshop and sell them there, have a reading and sell, etc.  I’ve used online ads before offering bundles of books for a discounted price.

I suppose it helps to talk up your books everywhere and to sell them anywhere you find a reasonable place to sell them with an audience who will want to buy.  Maybe poetry events are a good place to try like a slam.

I have yet to determine the best way to sell more poetry books!  I did have an experience with a crowdfunding that raised enough money to buy several of my kid poetry books for kids.  That’s another way to go.

If you think of anything I haven’t thought of to sell your poetry books or if you have a method you use that works well, please let me know!  I think everyone should always have a poetry book in hand!  Just saying.  Poetry is life.  And books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artemis at Sunset

As this year begins to come to a close, I thought about one of my favorite things to do: watching sunsets.  While I am often up early enough...