Sunday, September 6, 2020

Plans, What plans?

It seems this year has been one of blowing your plans to well wherever you want to say or insert here.  I know we’ve had to cancel trips, family and business, and change quite a bit of how we go about our daily lives.  

I thought today, who’d ever thought I’d be using a coat rack to hang masks on?  Who ever thought a mask would become an accessory?

This weekend is a holiday weekend.  Usually we take a mini trip somewhere every year.  Due to a family life change, we couldn’t even do that.  We had planned to go somewhere with not a lot of people.

I prefer going somewhere with not a lot of people anyway but it made me very sad to have to cancel our family getaway.  Many people, however, are still traveling and some social distance on vacation better than others.

I, though, don’t want to see pictures of other people’s trips or hear about what a great time they are having, social distancing or not.   It’s hard to even think any of this will pass and things will ever be like they were.

I’ve learned, though, to not think of the past and to be more flexible and on the spot or spontaneous - I’m a planner, we don’t do last minute well, not like ever!  That’s a positive in this.  And I’ve learned plans can be made as long as you are willing to adjust them.  

I use what I call light planning now - and more of going with the flow thinking if this slot of time opens up, then perhaps we can do this or get that done, etc.  I know writers are supposed to use outlines and think about what we’re going to say or write, but to me part of the fun of writing is to figure it out as I go along.

I have to apply that to regular life - figure it out as you go along.  And keep plenty of paper, note pads, whatever to make notes just in case.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Artemis at Sunset

As this year begins to come to a close, I thought about one of my favorite things to do: watching sunsets.  While I am often up early enough...