Sunday, June 7, 2020

The Blank Journal

I received a blank journal in the mail.  I love to write long hand still preferring to write out my poems and then edit weeks or months or years later when I type them.  I don’t write stories out, I do type those. Still, I was pleasantly surprised to receive this blank journal from a publication I get in the mail.  It’s as if they are encouraging you to write your own story.

I try to relate what I write in my stories to real life.  Many things I put in them are events or people I have observed.  But you have to know what will work in your story or won’t.  You have to know what pieces to keep, what pieces to discard.

Just like with a blank journal:  What will you put on the pages?, What will you keep?  What will you leave blank?

The possibilities are endless.  Part of the fun in the love of writing, is starting with that blank piece of paper and seeing where it ends up!

What will you put in your journal?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artemis at Sunset

As this year begins to come to a close, I thought about one of my favorite things to do: watching sunsets.  While I am often up early enough...