Sunday, June 14, 2020

Take time to Stop and Smell the Tigger (Tiger) Lillies

Today while riding bikes on the Greenway, I saw a few Tiger Lilies either ready to bloom or full-blown bloomed.  The orange and pink ones were at full bloom.  The yellow ones were just budding.

Growing up, my Dad always called Tiger Lillies, “Tigger” lilies.  He like to say things in unusual ways or change words around.  Of course, we both read Winnie the Pooh.

He was an avid reader, like me.  We often shared books.  I have another blog devoted to the books he left me.  I hope to get to them all one day.

It’s hard when you’ve lost a parent and all you have left of them are memories and things.  This time of year is especially hard for me.  You just don’t forget the birthday day of someone who was special to you.

Seeing the Tiger Lilies bouncing along the trail as I rode by erased my melancholy feelings and filled me with joy.  Then later after the bike ride, I discussed a poetry class I’m teaching tomorrow and participated in a poetry radio show that’s online.  Anything to do with poetry, usually fills me with joy as well.

Be sure to spend time doing things that fill you with joy.  And be sure that joy fills your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artemis at Sunset

As this year begins to come to a close, I thought about one of my favorite things to do: watching sunsets.  While I am often up early enough...