Friday, September 21, 2018

I'd Rather Be Writing or Writers Don't Take Holidays

How do you stay in tune, in touch with your writing?  You can talk about it with other writers in writing groups, or make posts online.  Maybe join an online group. 

To me, though, all of that is simply talking - not that any of those endeavors are not worthwhile or worth spending the time.  I prefer, though, to just write something.

When I sit down and look at it for my writing these are what I'm currently writing:  birthday cards, holiday cards, thank you cards, notes with cut outs from the newspaper, my writing journal, my writing ideas book, my poetry ideas notebook, a poetry memoir, a non-fiction book about poetry, 3 blogs, poems, a novel, one letter to the editor and a song!  Make you tired?  It doesn't make me tired!  What makes me tired (and cranky) is if I don't write something for the day, each day even on the weekends. 

Even when traveling, I always take something to use for writing and I do write on the road.  Some people want to talk all the time.  Me, I just want to write!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artemis at Sunset

As this year begins to come to a close, I thought about one of my favorite things to do: watching sunsets.  While I am often up early enough...