Monday, September 30, 2019

Writing on the Road

I'm one of those writers who needs adventure.  It doesn't have to be anything extreme - simply getting out of town and doing something different will do.

I find that I get a lot of work done on my writing when I travel and more so than when I'm at home.  I've had time to consider this and I believe it's because I'm not at all distracted (well maybe a little) when on the road.  I can simply concentrate on what I need to do for my writing. 

Of course you  have to go about your daily or even weekly routines to keep things going.  So how can you capture that same kind of simple focus for your writing at home?


  1. First of all keep a schedule and stick to it as best you can.  
  2. Make a list (on paper, on your smart phone) of what you want to work on each day.  
  3. Let your family members know what you are doing so there will be less interruptions.
  4. Clear up and keep your work area so you aren't distracted by anything you find to be unnecessary clutter.
  5. Take breaks.
  6. Relax.
  7. Enjoy!
Keeping things simple will help your writing grow.  It really is that easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artemis at Sunset

As this year begins to come to a close, I thought about one of my favorite things to do: watching sunsets.  While I am often up early enough...