Monday, September 5, 2016

Hi I'm LB Sedlacek

Hi, I'm LB Sedlacek

I'm typing this on a train - this is going to be the beginning of my YouTube Channel.  Why a YT channel?  Why would anyone want to see me reading my poetry?

Why not!

Actually my budding filmographer thinks I need one.  I prefer to write poetry.  But poetry readings and slams are quite popular too.

So check back here for the link, when the channel is up and ready.  And if you're reading this or watching this, here's my impromptu poem composition ....for the YT channel ....on the train


A Train Poem
By LB Sedlacek

There's hot chocolate, hot tea or coffee
Pepsi too - the drink of the Carolinas
And that's where we're heading
Past the Potomac River
Through the hills of Virginia
On this bright sunny day
But we are cool and comfortable
On the train, this train
Our car between the Luggage car
And the Snack car
The Cafe Car menu glares at
Me from the seat back in front
I have the foot rest down
My seat back and my complementary
Pillow riding on the gently rolling
Train scooting down well-worn tracks
We always miss the train ride when it ends
Our destination may arrive too soon!

Hope you enjoyed this quick composition!
Back to riding the train.

I'm LB Sedlacek.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artemis at Sunset

As this year begins to come to a close, I thought about one of my favorite things to do: watching sunsets.  While I am often up early enough...