Sunday, February 20, 2022

Readers are Writers

I am a bookaholic.  I enjoy reading and have since I was very young.  I could read at an advanced reading level at age 4.  Yes, I started that early!  I had special assignments in school above my grade levels because of it and I could check out any books I wanted no matter what grade level they were intended for at the time.  

My childhood consisted of weekly trips to the public library, and I would check out as many books as I could.  I also climbed trees and would sit their for hours reading my books!

I still love books and reading.  It goes without saying that I have a thing for bookstores, too!  Any time I go out of town for a business or personal trip, I look for a local bookstore to visit.  

This past weekend I went to one of my favorite bookstores in Asheville.  I like this bookstore (Mr. K’s) a lot because it has an excellent Poetry section - even better than the ones at the “big box” stores.  I found plenty of other books I wanted to read too - short stories, sci fi, fiction, new thrillers, etc.  

To do anything well it helps to practice - I know I see an improvement in my guitar and ukulele playing from this.  That’s what makes reading so important for writers.  I see many authors I follow on Insta posting about books they are reading as well.  

Do you read?  What books are you reading?

Here’s my weekend book haul:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Artemis at Sunset

As this year begins to come to a close, I thought about one of my favorite things to do: watching sunsets.  While I am often up early enough...