Saturday, December 10, 2022

Experience to Write

If you’re a writer, do you sit home all the time and never go out and just write?  Or do you go out and try to experience things you write about or simply observe to assist with you’re writing?

When I went to acting school in Georgetown (yes really), I learned about the different types of acting including method.  I learned the other kind of acting and while I’m not really interested in acting or have done anything with it since then (except for play writing a long time ago), I did learn about having experiences.

Experiences are key.  They give you a chance to observe, feel, and so much more!

Lately, I’ve experience the RenFest, Autumn at Oz, Fall leaves turning, and a beautiful lake sunset.  I think it also expands what I can do with my writing to get out and do something out of my usual routine.  Here’s to your experiences, too!  Some of mine are below:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Artemis at Sunset

As this year begins to come to a close, I thought about one of my favorite things to do: watching sunsets.  While I am often up early enough...