Saturday, December 18, 2021

Connections with Authors

Besides being a writer and poet, I’m also a reader.  I have to admit when I get messages or emails from authors of books I’ve read, I get really excited.  I also love signed books!  I could care less about meeting any movie or TV stars or athletic stars or even political ones and I’ve met a few.  Nope, give me an author any day!

I was lucky to have met Maya Angelou because she was a Prof where I went to grad school.  Tom Clancy spoke at my graduation.  I have met several local poets in my area who are well-known.  I would love to meet Ted Kooser, as he’s my favorite poet.  

With social media, it’s so much fun to connect with my favorite writers.  Occasionally, I even get an email or message from a reader that likes some of my work.  

There are so many ways to connect with your readers, too.  I seem to connect the most via my email list (occasionally I send out newsletter like emails of upcoming events or new books coming out), with my website and with Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.  Most of my YT fans, though, like my train videos more than the ones about my writing.  I have written about trains, too!  

How do you or how will you connect with your readers?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Artemis at Sunset

As this year begins to come to a close, I thought about one of my favorite things to do: watching sunsets.  While I am often up early enough...