Sunday, August 8, 2021

Ah, Inspiration!

I am a big believer in inspiration.  I have always subscribed to the philosophy of learning by doing.  Same, with being inspired to write a poem or story.  

I never quite know when an idea might strike!  I have to tell you I have some rather odd memos in my phone.  

The other day I was in a bank checking something and they left me alone for a while to get a key and because the service was s l o w all I could do was look around and imagine all the possibilities for this, that or the other happening in a story or maybe poem set there.  I refrained from taking pictures or a memo while there because how might that look?  Being in a new setting can really get your writing juices going.

With inspiring thoughts, it’s better if I get struck by one during the day or at least when I’m awake.  I do keep pen and paper nearby if I need to jot something down in the dark.  I have done that before and most of the time I can translate my handwriting at night.  

When the moment comes, I will write on wrappers, scrap paper, napkins if I can’t get to my phone depending on where I am.  Sometimes, you can’t have your phone with you, etc.

An inspired piece to me has such a better flow than something that is forced.  What experiences have inspired you lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artemis at Sunset

As this year begins to come to a close, I thought about one of my favorite things to do: watching sunsets.  While I am often up early enough...