Saturday, July 16, 2022

Authors Signing Books

Lately I’ve noticed that some of the authors I follow on social media, are signing their books if they come across them in stores.  One of my favorite bands lead singer did that too for their new music release.  What a neat idea!  I know I enjoy coming across signed books in my favorite bookstores - and when I say coming across I mean finding them in amongst other books for sale and not as a bookstore promotion.  I usually find these at used bookstores.  I’ve noticed that bookstores selling new books have been offering signed books for sale.  There’s even one that let’s you subscribe for a book a month including some signed books.  Plus there are constant signed book giveaways online to promote them and the authors.

My local bookstore, Tybrisa books, offers local author books as well as a huge selection of used books and other media.  I dropped by there this week to do some book shopping.  And because they kindly offer my books for sale (The Glass River, The Mailbox of the Kindred Spirit, Poetry in LA, Swim, A Sunless Sea, The Poet Next Door, The Blue Eyed Side, and more), I (yes) signed my books!   

I don’t know what it is about a signed book vs an unsigned one that makes it more attractive (to me).  Maybe it’s because I know the author has actually spent time with the book, at lease a few moments, signing it and that makes it special.  

A book is a work of art!  Works of art are usually signed, so why not books?!?











No comments:

Post a Comment

Artemis at Sunset

As this year begins to come to a close, I thought about one of my favorite things to do: watching sunsets.  While I am often up early enough...